Ep 60 | Stan Efferding | Lessons learned training elite athletes
Stan Efferding is an IFBB Professional bodybuilder and World Record Holding Powerlifter. He is one of only 10 men in the world to ever total over 2,300 pounds raw in competition. Stan holds the title as the World's Strongest Bodybuilder.
He conducts seminars all over the country for various sports and nutrition and training techniques, and he coined the Vertical Diet - his book, The Vertical Diet, just came out and in this episode Ashleigh and Stan talk all things diet, muscle building, and what we can all take from the regimens of elite athletes.
In this episode:
- Stan's morning/daily routine
- His new book, The Vertical Diet
- Some of his key nutrition tips around fiber and protein
- Practical tips for the rest of us gained from the worlds of powerlifting and bodybuilding
- Stan's experience dealing with depression and anxiety, and how he addressed it
- Working with elite athletes like Hafthor Bjornsson and Jon Jones
- And much more!
Please check out our show Sponsor, Palleovalley - they make my new favorite healthy snacks, 100% grassfed and fermented beef sticks and Superfood bars made with bone broth protein and packed with plant-based superfoods (while still managing to taste like a delicious, chocolatey treat). This company doesn't cut corners, they combine the best that plants and animals have to offer for our health, and it shows - learn more at paleovalley.com and use the code MMR to save 15% on anything you buy!