Ep 61 | Can you lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?
The question, "can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time?" may be one of the most pervasive in the fitness industry, and the answer, as usual, is more complex than many of us would like. But it's not all bad - there is plenty to be learned about our bodies and how they work while we explore the most efficient and healthy ways to achieve these two separate (but often combined) goals.
In this episode Ashleigh covers:
- Who may be able to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, and who may have a harder time
- The ways in which these two goals can work with each other, and against each other
- A discussion on the practical applications of caloric surpluses/deficits, and how to apply them to your life in a realistic way
- A better, more sustainable solution to the "gain muscle, lose fat" question
- Resources to learn more about how to apply this to your lifestyle
If you'd like to dive even deeper into this topic, sign up for the Muscle Science for Women program - our second run will begin in January 2022 and tickets are limited! Add your name to the "first to know" list here: https://www.metflexlife.
Try the Precision Nutrition calorie/macro calculator: https://www.