High Protein Breakfast Cake
Time: 35 minutes (30 minute cook time)
This is a perfect no-mess, satisfying, not too sweet protein cake, and works for breakfast, snack time, or anytime. Sub out for a protein powder that you like and tolerate best. High in protein and carbs, it’s dense and filling but without any extra sugar or crappy ingredients, it’s perfect for picky little ones, too.
Want more high-protein recipes? Grab my cookbook, Carnivore-ish, for tons of inspiration.
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 scoop collagen powder (optional; I recommend BUBS Naturals, and you can get 20% off your order at this link with the code MM20)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional, but will add a light sweetness and flavor to the cake. I recommend Active Stacks, and you get 10% off your order with the code MSW10)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Turn your oven to 350F and line a 8 x 4 pan with parchment paper
- In a blender, mix cottage cheese, oats, eggs, and powders together (you can hand mix by starting with wet ingredients and adding in the dry, it just might not come out as smooth/blended)
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle berries across the top
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until cooked through (a toothpick or fork stuck in the middle comes out clean)
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting. Feel free to top with nut butter or maple syrup, and it also tastes good cold, right out of the fridge!