Paleo "Sweet Potato Pie" Cookie recipe - just a few ingredients!
This is adapted from a recipe I found on the internet and thought, "there's no way this will taste good, there's barely anything in it." Even someone like me, who loves healthier treat options, was skeptical that there is no dairy, no eggs, and hardly any added sweetener, but these cookies are the perfect soft-chewy combo and have the exact flavor of slightly spicy sweet potato pie. They're SO easy to make, too. Please let me know what you think if you try them - tag me on Instagram @themusclemaven!
Paleo Sweet Potato Pie cookies
*(this only makes about 6 decent sized cookies, so you may wanna double the recipe - or keep as is if you're gonna eat them all yourself!)
- 1 cup (112 g) blanched almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and clove (omit whatever spices you don't love)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional/adjustable)
- 1/3 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional but recommended: mix 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon and coconut sugar for dusting on top of the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut sugar, spices, salt, and baking soda. Add the sweet potato and just half the water, stirring until blended. If the dough is still a little dry, add the rest of the water (you want it thick and a little sticky, not clumpy or watery).
- Using a scoop or spoon, place dough into 6-ish balls on the parchment paper about 2 inches apart (or more if you like them smaller). Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool for about ten minutes before moving/eating. They should be a little crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside!
Want another tasty, healthy cookie recipe? Download my FREE It Takes Guts Ebook and try my Spicy Blackberry Thumbprint cookies, made with a special ingredient :)